Full mouth reconstruction is required when you have many broken, multiple missing teeth, worn teeth. Full mouth reconstruction involves general or restorative dentists they will perform procedures likeCrowns, dental veneers, inlays, onlays, dental bridges. In some patients orthodontics will also be required to help in properly position of the jaw and align the teeth.NEED FOR FULL MOUTH RECONSTRUCTION:
- When teeth have been lost due to trauma or decay.
- When teeth have been fractured or injured.
- Teeth that become severely worn and ongoing complaints of muscle, jaw, headache pain requiring adjustments to the bite.
Initially dentist will go for comprehensive examination they will examine your mouth to determine the stage of the problem and the treatment options to correct the problem.
- Teeth Examination: The condition of your teeth may determine what restorative procedures may be need. Then dentist will check if any cavities and decay, cracks, root canal problems, tooth wear or any tooth movement is determined in teeth examination.
- Periodontal tissues: in this scaling and root planning is to be done if your gums are not healthy. And treatment from periodontist to ensure that newly reconstructed teeth should have solid foundation. Dentist will check for deep pockets andinsufficient or excessive gum tissues.
- In full mouth reconstruction treatment the shape, proportion, color, size and how they are in relation with your mouth, gums, lips should also an important factor before the treatment.
- The full mouth reconstruction process requires records of patient’s mouth, such as X-rays, photographs and impressions of patients upper and lower teeth. Models of patients teeth that are made from the impressions and a model of patients bite.
The following procedure may require depending on the patients need:
- Prophylactic teeth cleaning and periodontal care was done.
- Determining the Crown length to expose healthy and sound tooth structure for possible bridges or crowns.
- To reposition the jaw Orthognathic surgery to be done.
- Contouring the gum tissue to create a harmony and balance in patients smile.
- Preparation of natural tooth structure so that crowns, bridges or veneers can be placed.
- Placement of temporary restorations so that patient can become accustomed to their new teeth and the feel of new mouth or bite alignment.
- Placement of permanent restorations, such as veneers, inlays/onlays,bridges orcrowns, made from ceramic, ceramic supported by Zirconia or the combination of both.
- Orthodontics (braces) in order to move the teeth into optimal position for reconstruction.
- Implant placement and restoration to replace the missing teeth and/or anchor bridge restorations.
- Bone or soft tissue grafting is to be done to enhance the stability of the teeth, proposed implants and/or other restorations.